SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom announced the department is taking precautionary measures during the COVID-19 outbreak.
“During these unprecedented times, for the safety of our community, it is imperative that our emergency responders stay safe and healthy,” he said.
Precautionary measures include limiting access to the building to only necessary business. Call (812) 268-4308 with any questions.
Deputies will continue to respond to all emergency and high priority calls. As of now, deputies will also respond to non-emergency calls that require the physical presence of an officer; however, officers may be wearing latex gloves and will not offer handshakes. Officers will likely be maintaining a safe interview distance, and may request whenever possible, to communicate in open-air locations (outdoors, porches, etc).
Non-emergency calls that do not require the physical presence of an officer will be handled over the telephone.
Until further notice, citizens will need to obtain their title (VIN) checks at the BMV. If the Bureau of Motor Vehicles temporarily suspends services, there likely will be no immediate need for said paperwork.
- Crash Reports will only be available online at www.buycrash.com
- Copies of incident reports will be emailed upon request. To request a copy of an incident report email email@example.com Make certain to include your name, date of incident, type and location of incident.
- The handgun permit application process begins online https://www.in.gov/isp/firearms.htm Fingerprinting for handgun permits is no longer done at the Sheriff’s office. Call (877) 472-6917 to be fingerprinted. After completing steps 1 & 2 call the Sheriff’s Office at (812) 268-4308 for further instructions.
- Tax Warrants: All Tax Warrants will be paid online at www.indianawarrants.com. You will need your “credit card code” from you letter. If you need your “credit card code” call the Sheriff’s office at 812-268-4308.
- All inmate lobby kiosk visitation has been suspended. Family may visit with inmates from home via video visitation. For video visits go to www.jailfunds.com
- Placing funds on an inmate’s Commissary Account should be done at www.jailfunds.com The lobby ATM will remain open for deposits.
- Placing funds on an inmate’s phone account should be done at www.inmatesales.com The lobby ATM will remain open for deposits.
- The Sullivan County Courts and Jail will be fully exercising video arraignment procedures. While some Court proceedings require the presence of the defendant, public access to the Courtrooms may be limited at the Courts discretion.