CLAY COUNTY, Ill. (WGN) — A judge in Clay County Illinois ruled against Gov. JB Pritzker’s extension of the stay-at-home order.
Pritzker said he will appeal the ruling.
A status hearing is set for next week.
This ruling is a temporary restraining order and applies to the governor’s second stay-at-home order that goes into affect on Friday May 1.
State Representative Darren Bailey, from Xenia, Illinois, filed the lawsuit last week and said the governor exceeded his authority granted to him by the Emergency Management Act.
The judge agreed that the governor only has the power for 30 days of those emergency powers.
This is a developing story. Check back for details.