SPRINGFIELD – Coronavirus cases in Illinois continue to surge with 1,293 new cases reported in Illinois Saturday by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Eighty one additional people have died of the virus:
- -Champaign County: 1 male 70s
- -Cook County: 1 female 30s, 2 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 3 males 50s, 3 females 60s, 7 males 60s, 9 females 70s, 4 males 70s, 7 females 80s, 8 males 80s, 7 females 90s, 2 males 90s, 1 female 100s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 80s, 2 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- Jackson County: 1 female 90s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s
- Lake County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- McHenry County: 1 male 60s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 90s
Local totals have not changed since Friday.
McDonough, Perry and Warren counties are now reporting a case. Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 19,180 cases, including 677 deaths, in 86 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
*All data is provisional and will change.