INDIANAPOLIS (FOX59) — Gov. Eric Holcomb announced Friday he will sign an executive order Monday extending the Hunker Down Hoosier policy for another two weeks. The order was originally set to expire April 7.
The governor said Thursday that Indiana schools would close for the rest of the academic year.
The governor has been holding daily briefings via video conferencing and encouraging Hoosiers to engage in social distancing to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Friday, the Indiana State Department of Health said 102 Hoosiers have died from COVID-19, with 3,437 cases of coronavirus reported in the state so far.