Woman dies following apartment fire

News

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — A woman hospitalized following an apartment fire has died.

The fire occurred Sunday morning at Trail’s Edge Apartments near Davis Drive. According to Honey Creek Fire Department PIO Josh Sittler, it started as a cooking fire that got out of hand.

Sittler noted there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

The name of the victim is not being released at this time as family has not yet been notified.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories