A half dozen vote centers opened today in Vigo County, and early voters found themselves waiting in line to cast their ballots.
“I came on my lunch hour,” said Trisha Bennett.
Baesler’s Market is one of the most popular voting sites. Lines today, filled an entire aisle at the grocery store. But even planning ahead, won’t necessarily spare you from waiting in line. “For the first day of voting, yes, this is more than we would normally see,” said Bob Baesler.
“I think it’s a great thing, everybody needs to vote this election especially,” said Nancy Hilton.
The old State Police post along U.S. 41 also saw a large crowd of voters. Some said they’re ready for this election to end. “I always vote early, but especially this year. We’re tired of the rhetoric and the arguing,” said Robert Hilton.
Voter Trisha Bennett has a different approach to casting an early ballot. “I don’t have that opinion that the sooner I vote, the sooner it’s over with, because it’s not over with. It’s not over with for the next four years depending upon who you vote for.”
Early voting is available at the following Vigo County locations:
- Vigo County Annex, 127 Oak Street, Terre Haute
- Baesler’s Market, 2900 Poplar Street, Terre Haute
- Old State Police Post, 7751 S. U.S. Hwy 41, Terre Haute
- Otter Creek Township Firehouse #1, 5701 N. Clinton Road, Terre Haute
- New Life Fellowship Church, 7849 Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute
- West Vigo Community Center, 127 W. Johnson Avenue, West Terre Haute