TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The United Way of the Wabash Valley awards over $67,000 in funding for neighborhood improvement projects.
The money comes from the Strong Neighborhoods Council, in which 15 different projects around Vigo County will benefit. The goal is to address public safety, beautification projects, and blight elimination projects in the community.
This is the first community investment for the council whose goal is to create positive impact for struggling
working families in the Wabash Valley by investing in programs and initiatives that provide our
community with safe, vibrant and inclusive neighborhoods.
The Council is awarding 15 projects across the Wabash Valley with awards ranging from $1,500 to
$5,000. The projects address a variety of areas and needs including creating neighborhood gathering areas, addressing safety concerns, and creating neighborhood beautification.
Award winners include:
- 12 Points Patio – Creation of an outdoor gathering place for the neighborhood
- 12 Points Revitalization Support of organizations IHCDA revitalization campaign and
- Catholic Charities of Terre Haute New paint, artwork, landscaping, and seating at Ryves Youth
Center/Etling Hall and leadership workshop series in the neighborhood
- City of Sullivan Ring Video Doorbell program for residents` safety and security
- Collet Park Neighborhood Association Dog park development in Collet Park
- Davis Park PTO Mural creation, landscaping improvements, and clean-up days
- Forest Park Brazil Landscaping and updates to the fountain wall
- Grace Community Church Beautification of outdoor area
- Hungarian Hall Rehab of Hall structure
- Lincolnsire-Woodshire Homeowners Association Revitalization of neighborhood park
- REEF (Recycling and Environmental Education Foundation) Raised beds in Clinton Community
- MACC (Mothering as a Career Club) Revitalization of Dobbs StoryWalk
- ReThink, Inc. Enhancement to community gardens including seating and QR codes
- Ryves Optimist Club New outdoor lighting at Ryves Youth Center/Etling Hall
- Terre Haute Area Association of Realtors Lost Creek neighborhood area beautification
100 South 7th Street