Shelburn resolutions passed, help generate funds for better water flow to medical complex

News

SHELBURN, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — New funds for the town of Shelburn aim to improve fire protection at the Sullivan County Medical Complex.

A town council was held Tuesday to go over funds raised to improve the water flow system to the complex.

The council unanimously voted and passed two resolutions to commit to raising 20% of the matching funds needed for the project. The other 80% of the matching funds will be applied for through an Economic Development Authority grant, made available through the CARES Act.

The two resolutions passed Tuesday determined the matching funds needed through the EDA grant. The Sullivan Redevelopment Commission previously voted in favor of TIF funding for the project.

“We have an opportunity to get about 80% of this funded through the grant … If we can raise the other 20% alongside the Sullivan County Redevelopment Commission, then
we will be positioned to make this much needed upgrade to benefit the entire county,” Jay Southwood, Shelburn Clerk-Treasurer said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories