NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Pasco Sheriff’s Office arrested a 44-year-old Lyft driver after he inappropriately touched a female rider, deputies said.
The sheriff’s office said Juan Carlos Nunez-Sarmiento picked up a woman in New Port Richey June 4 and inappropriately touched her during the ride, after being asked several times to stop.
The victim told detectives Nunez-Sarmiento eventually pulled over and continued to touch her on various parts of her body, prompting her to flee the vehicle.
When Nunez-Sarmiento was asked why he did what he did, he reportedly told detectives, “I am just a man.”
Nunez-Sarmiento was arrested Friday, August 16 and charged with battery.
- Vincennes food pantries, small businesses receive COVID relief
- COVID-19 in Illinois: 50% of those 16 years and older have received at least 1 vaccine dose
- COVID-19 in Indiana: 1.5M Hoosiers fully vaccinated
- Vigo County COVID-19 vaccination site to move Wednesday
- $30M in federal stimulus money allocated to Vigo County schools