TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO-WAWV) — Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett presented his plan for the use of American Rescue Plan funds to the Terre Haute City Council. During the Thursday night meeting, the Mayor used a visual presentation to provide an overview of his ideas for the funding. It included the following:
- $5 million for housing
- $3.2 million for public safety
- $5.5 million for infrastructure
- $4 million for City Hall upgrade
- $5 million for city parks
- $1.75 million for small business assistance
- $500 thousand for not-for-profit support
- $1 million for early childhood learning
- $500 thousand for food deserts
- $4 million for downtown tourism
- $250 thousand for the Humane Society.
Mayor Bennett said the budgeted expenses totaled $30,700,000 with remaining funds of $592,205. The City Council and the Mayor will discuss the plan over the next few weeks.