Malfunctioning cooking equipment likely caused Vigo Co. fire

News

Malfunctioning cooking equipment was the likely cause of an early morning fire in Northern Vigo County Tuesday, according to New Goshen Fire Chief Terry Meadlo.

Chief Meadlo told WTWO/WAWV the homeowner at 2855 West New Goshen Avenue had just left for work when a neighbor called to tell him his house was on fire around 6 a.m.

The home is located in the area of Durkees Ferry and New Goshen in northern Vigo County.

The majority of the fire damage was contained to the kitchen area at the back of the house. Chief Meadlo noted fire did reach the attic, and the house received smoke and water damage throughout.

The Shepardsville Fire Department assisted. TransCare was also on scene, as is normal policy during a structure fire, according to Chief Meadlo.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss