VINCENNES, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Vincennes University was among 17 adult education providers to be recognized by a state organization for excellence in education.
The Indiana Department of Workforce Development named VU along with 16 other organizations as part of the inaugural class of Indiana Adult Education Programs of Excellence.
The program was designed to “recognize adult education programs that exceed the state goals and expectations across multiple performance metrics,” the release reads.
“Indiana continues to excel as a state due to the hard work, dedication, and innovative practices being implemented by adult education leaders and providers in Hoosier communities every day,” DWD Commissioner Richard Paulk said. “The providers receiving this designation have done exceptional work in supporting adult learners as they achieve their goals, improve their educational and economic opportunities, and better their lives, families, and communities.”
The following providers were named Indiana Adult Education Programs of Excellence:
- Area 30 Technology Center Adult Education;
- Benton Fountain Warren;
- Center for Workforce Innovations;
- Crawfordsville Adult Resource Academy;
- Elkhart Community Schools;
- Fort Wayne Community Schools;
- Grant Regional Adult Education;
- Horizon Education Alliance Adult Pathways;
- Impact Institute;
- Lafayette Adult Resource Academy;
- Monroe County Community Schools;
- MSD Warren Township;
- MSD Washington Township;
- River Valley Resources (Region 9 & Region 10);
- South Bend Community School Corporation;
- Vincennes University; and
- Wagler Education and Training Center.
For more information about adult education in Indiana visit the DWD website here.