VINCENNES, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Mayor Joe Yochum has announced two upcoming dates for city-wide large item disposal days.
The two dates scheduled for the large item disposal days are Saturday, October 7, and Saturday, October 14. Residents of Vincennes are welcome to bring their too large for trash bags and unwanted items to Republic Services at 2706 N. Second Street between 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for free.
A valid photo ID that shows residency in Vincennes is required to participate.
The following items will be accepted:
- Household furniture
- Large toys
- Carpeting tied in 3-foot bundles,
- Paint cans (only if the paint is solidified)
- Appliances that do not contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFSs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HCFCs) such as refrigerators and air conditioners.
The following items will not be accepted:
- Construction debris
- Building materials
- Liquid waste
- Electronics or hazardous waste.
- Freon-containing or appliances that have contained Freon
- Free liquids including paint cans, oil jugs, chemical jugs
- Materials containing asbestos or E-waste.
For more information, please call Republic Services 812-882-1215 or the Vincennes Street & Sanitation Department at 812-885-2520.