TEUTOPOLIS, Ill. (WTWO/WAWV)– The Effingham County Coroner’s office has identified the victims killed in Friday’s deadly crash and chemical spill.
The five people killed were:
- Kenneth Bryan, 34, of Teutopolis, Ill
- Rosie Bryan, 7, of Beecher City, Ill
- Walker Bryan, 10, of Beecher City, Ill
- Vasile Cricovan, 31, of Twinsburg, OH
- Danny J. Smith, 67, of New Haven, MO
The preliminary investigation found that the victims all died from exposure to anhydrous ammonia at the scene.
In addition, five people were airlifted to area hospitals as a result of exposure at the crash site. Their names are listed as follows:
- Jacob Bloemker, 24, of Brownstown, Ill.
- John Costello, 19, of Olathe, KN
- Anja Dangelmaier, 18, of Dallas TX
- Sara Tague, 18, of Lake Elmo, MN
- Terrie Tudor, 61, of Union, MO
Two other individuals were treated at St. Anthony Hospital in Effingham for exposure at the scene, and several others were treated in Vincennes after traveling past the crash site.