TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Union Hospital in Terre Haute and Union Hospital Clinton announced new visitor guidelines Thursday in response to a growing number of local COVID-19 infections.
The following revisions to visitor guidelines have been made:
- Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- A visitor must be 18 years or older.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times regardless of vaccination status or exemptions.
Those in the hospital not suspected of having COVID-19 are allowed:
- Two designated visitors, including in the Emergency Room.
- Two visitors, but parents only in the NICU and Pediatrics rooms.
- Two designated labor room visitors, plus one additional visitor a day in the Mother Baby Unit.
- Two designated visitors for entire labor room stay. Visiting hours do not apply to Labor & Delivery area.
- Two parents may accompany an underage child for testing. Visitors permitted to accompany vulnerable patients only
- Two visitors permitted in waiting room.
- Visitors must pass an initial screen to enter the hospice facility, but other elements such as number and/or age of visitors is defined and monitored by the hospice unit.
Those suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 are allowed:
- One visitor, unless the patient is on aerosol generating procedures – then visitation must be limited to virtual offerings or approved under dire circumstances.
These rules, times and restriction apply to all areas except for NICU/Pediatrics, Mother Baby and Labor & Delivery. Special considerations may be made on a case-by-case basis. Union Medical Group offices are not affected by these changes at this time.