TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — According to Union Health, cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States. However, effective screenings can prevent thousands of those deaths every year.
On September 24, the health organization is hosting a free cancer screening from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Space is limited, so participants must register before September 21. To reserve your seat, call 812-238-7657. A catered lunch will be provided.
There will also be an informational session with physician presentations, an open question and answer period with a multidisciplinary physician panel and the ability to sign up for screening appointments with specialists.
“Screenings are vital in finding cancer at an early stage, sometimes before symptoms even appear,” Dr. Rebecca Lynch, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Union Health, said. “This Cancer Screening Fair is an effective resource for the entire community, guiding each patient on how to be proactive in their own health care.
Below is the presenter line-up:
- Family Medicine Residency: Dr. Daniel Paeth, Dr. Niloy Chatterjee, Dr. Dallas Wright
- Gastroenterology: Dr. Martin Schmidt
- General Surgery: Dr. Rebecca Lynch, Dr. Brandon Lynch
- OB/GYN: Dr. Cleve Sides
- Oncology: Dr. Melhem Jabbour, Dr. Girish Kunapareddy, Dr. Robert Haerr
- Urology: Dr. Mohammed Zaher