Editor’s Note: The following story has been updated to show the fire occurred in the 2100 block of Blaine Avenue.

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — One person was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation following a fire early Sunday morning in Terre Haute.

Crews with the Terre Haute Fire Department were called out to a home in the 2100 block of Blaine Avenue just before 7:30 a.m. for a report of a house fire.

Firefighters were able to get control of the flames quickly but were on scene for about two hours until the fire was completely extinguished.

A female in the home suffered, “quite a bit of soot in [her] airway around her mouth, nose and throat,” according to a statement from THFD chief Bill Berry. “[She had] breathing difficulty.”

Berry has ruled the fire electrical in orgin.

The Red Cross has been called in to assist the two people living inside of the home.