TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Terre Haute Fire Department received a report of a fire at 721 Wabash Ave. at 6:43 a.m. on Wednesday.

According to THFD chief Bill Berry, firefighters encountered a smoke-filled basement coming from an arcing electrical box. While there was no active fire noted, the electricity arcing between wires was causing smoke and firefighters cleared all the floors of the building immediately. 

Berry also noted that the building was then ventilated and the main power was shut down causing the Terre Haute Children’s Museum to be without power as well. Firefighters were on scene for over 2 hours and electricians also arrived on the scene for repairs. 

It is unknown when the power will be restored and no injuries were reported.

The Terre Haute Children’s Museum announced via Facebook that due to the situation, they will be closed Wednesday.