SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Culpepper & Merriweather Circus will be coming to the Sullivan County Fairgrounds.
Thanks to the Sullivan County Fair Board, the circus will be at the Sullivan County Fairgrounds on April 20th with shows at 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for the community to enjoy. The shows will include a brand-new 2023 performance with big cats, aerialists, trapeze artists, 10th-generation bareback horse riders, tightrope walkers, and of course clowns.
Everyone is invited to the authentic one-ring big top circus. The Culpepper & Merriweather Circus welcomes the community to watch the big top be raised, tour the grounds, learn about circus life, and get a behind-the-scenes look at all the animals, their care, and the show.
- Circus Day Schedule
- Tent raising and tour | Available @ 9:30 a.m.
- Midway Opens, Pony Rides, Moon Bounce, Giant Slide, Face Painting, Concession Stand, and Box Office | Available @ 4:00 p.m.
- Circus Performances | Available @ 5:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Each show lasts about 90 minutes.
- Advance Tickets Prices:
- Adult Ticket: $13.00
- Child Ticket (2-12): $8.00
- Senior Ticket (65+): $8.00
- Advance tickets can be purchased before Circus Day from these locations:
- Sullivan Co. 4-H Extension Office
- Springer Insurance
- Danko Farm Supply
- Sullivan Co. Fair Board Members
- Box Office Prices:
- Adult Ticket: $16.00
- Child (2-12): $9.00
- Senior (65+): $9.00
- Box office tickets go on sale at the circus grounds starting one hour before each show.