SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — A Terre Haute woman has been arrested after police say they found 60 grams of methamphetamine during a traffic stop.
According to Indiana State Police, Lena F. Ashburn, 56, of Terre Haute, was stopped after an officer watched her drive past a stop sign at the intersection of SR 58 and Alexander St near Carlisle.
A police canine alerted police to the odor of a controlled substance, and a search then found multiple bags containing approximately 60 grams of methamphetamine inside the vehicle.
Police said Ashburn also failed a certified chemical test after showing signs of impairment.
Ashburn has been taken to the Sullivan County Jail and charged with the following:
- Dealing in methamphetamine (over 10 grams)
- A level 2 felony
- Possession of methamphetamine
- A level 3 felony
- Maintaining a common nuisance
- A level 6 felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person
- A class A misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated
- A class C misdemeanor