INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) – The Indiana Department of Natural Resources offers “First Day Hikes” at most of its state parks and lakes.
DNR says it’s a healthy way to start 2023. The hikes offer a chance to get outside, exercise, enjoy nature, and connect with friends.
Hikes will be held at the following parks in our area.
- Greene-Sullivan State Forest. Meet at the Reservoir 26 Shelter at 8 a.m.
- McCormick’s Creek State Park. Meet at Canyon Inn at 2 p.m. for a hike to the waterfall.
- Raccoon SRA/Cecil M. Harden Lake. Meet at the Hollandsburg Boat Ramp, which is 500 feet east of the main park entrance, at 1 p.m.
- Redbird Off-road State Recreation Area (OSRA). Meet at 3 p.m. for a motorized “hike” along Trail 3.
- Shakamak State Park. Meet at the Group Camp Mess Hall at 1 p.m. for a hike on Trail 2.
- Turkey Run State Park. Meet at the Nature Center at 11 a.m. for a guided hike through Rocky Hollow Nature Preserve.
To see a complete list of all state parks holding hikes Click Here.