TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Terre Haute City Council’s next meeting will be Thursday at 6 p.m. in the City Hall Courtroom. Among the issues to be discussed are salary ordinances for the Mayor, City Clerk, City Court Judge, council members, police and fire departments and civilian police employees, City Hall employees, employees of the transit, street, parks and cemetery departments and the wastewater treatment plant. A $283,000 expenditure for fire department equipment and designating an economic revitalization area will also be debated.
The public is invited to participate, with a few policies in place concerning social distancing and public comment:
- The public will be allowed to appear in the meeting for public comment on agenda items.
- There will not be public comment on non-agenda items.
- The public may use the Public Comment Form on the City’s website to submit comments/questions.
- The courtroom has limited seating, so the public will remain in the hallway until it is time for comments.
- Masks or facial covers are required.
- Everyone must maintain six feet of social distance at all times.
- The news media will be allowed in the courtroom for the meeting.
A staff member will check in members of the public that wish to speak. A maximum time limit of three minutes will be imposed.