TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — If you are a charitable person who likes to ensure their donated dollars go as far as possible, Match Madness may just be the program for you.
The Wabash Valley Community Foundation announced the program involving 18 organizations throughout Vigo, Sullivan, and Clay Counties, during which every donation of up to $5,000 will be matched dollar for dollar by the foundation.
The program runs from November 1 through March 31, 2024. During that period each of the organizations will receive the $1 for $1 match for contributions made toward a new or existing endowment fund with the Community Foundation.
“The Match Madness pilot program will encourage these nonprofit organizations to build a lasting endowment designed to enhance their annual revenue,” President & CEO of the Wabash Valley Community Foundation Beth Tevlin said. “Agency endowment funds invest in the mission and the future of the nonprofit organization by providing operating support each year. These funds provide an annual stream of revenue generated by the investment of the principal.”
The organization said that while all donations made before Nov. 1 will be allocated to the organization’s endowment fund, but will not be eligible to receive the match.
The participating organizations are as follows;
- Clay County
- Clay Building Trades Training Corp.
- Clay City USA Foundation, Inc.
- Community Theatre of Clay County
- Friends of Wilma & Liston Buell Community Center
- Northview Band Boosters
- Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Sullivan County
- Fairbanks Community Center
- Salvation Army of Sullivan County
- Vigo County
- Arts Illiana
- CANDLES, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of Terre Haute
- Community Theatre of Terre Haute
- Reach Services, Inc.
- Terre Haute Symphony Association, Inc.
- Vigo County Education Foundation
- Vigo County Historical Society
- Vigo County YMCA
- Wabash Valley Health Center
Those looking to donate are encouraged to contact their chosen organization as each will have their preferred donation method. For additional information on Match Madness and the participating organizations, please contact the Community Foundation at 812-232-2234.