PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind (WTWO/WAWV) — A Greencastle man wanted for attempted murder is awaiting extradition after being taken into custody in Putnam County.
According to Indiana State Police, a trooper was able to locate William Blackwell, 40, at an apartment complex that he was known to operate in Greencastle. Police report they were able to take the man into custody without incident.
Blackwell was taken to the Putnam County Jail to await extradition back to Lawrence County.
The charges related to the Lawrence County warrant are:
- Attempted murder, level 1 felony
- Burglary, level 1 felony
- Aggravated battery, level 3 felony
- Battery by means of a deadly weapon, level 5 felony
- Battery resulting in serious bodily injury, level 5 felony
- Intimidation, level 6 felony
Officers from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department and the Greencastle Police Department assisted in finding and arresting Blackwell.