VINCENNES, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) – One person is in custody following the execution of a search warrant Thursday that began with a vehicle chase Wednesday afternoon in Knox County.
According to a press release, Knox County Central Dispatch received a 911 call on Wednesday concerning a kidnapping and a gunshot that had been fired from the suspect vehicle.
Police said a Knox County Sheriff’s Deputy located the vehicle and initiated a pursuit.
The victim was reportedly able to free themselves and the pursuit ended after it was learned a juvenile was in the vehicle.
On Thursday, Vincennes Police learned of the possible location of the suspect.
A search warrant was obtained and executed by the Knox County Sheriff’s SWAT team and members of the Vincennes Police Department.
The suspect, Travis J. Campbell, 35, was taken into custody without incident.
He is being charged with:
- Kidnapping, Level 2 Felony
- Criminal Confinement, Level 3 Felony
- Pointing a Firearm, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Firearm by Serious Violent Felon (Previous Conviction), Level 4 Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement w/ Vehicle, Level 6 Felony
- Criminal Recklessness w/ Firearm, Level 6 Felony