TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Terre Haute Boys & Girls Club’s “For Our Kids” Campaign is set to run Nov. 28 through Dec. 4.
Building on the success of last year, according to a news release, the THBGC is involving local businesses. In addition to offering online giving options, the club has collaborated with several businesses, including Chick-fil-a, Maggie & Moe’s Poplar Flowers, Maggie & Moe’s at Regional Hospital, Willow Gift & Home, Ferm Fresh and the Burlap Penguin.
Donations will be accepted at each of these locations. This giving opportunity will help to increase programing and involvement opportunities for the youth in our community.
With the school year underway, THBGC is seeing an increase in interest and participation in programming. With the after school programming moving to Meadows Elementary, the club has seen an increase in the number of students participating.
The club says it has a significant need to increase programming in several key areas for all of our members, helping them “achieve academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character and citizenship”.
The club currently serves over 1,400 members annually and provides over a dozen core programs suited for youth of all ages. One of the core programs is the After-School Program. For $30 a year, the club provides youth members ages 5-18 a healthy snack, hot meal, homework help and participation in structured activities after school Monday through Friday.
“Our youth are our greatest asset as we look forward to the future of the Boys and Girls Club,” THBGC CEO Trent Miles said. “We need the Terre Haute community to support our vision for a place for them to grow and thrive.”
The goal of the 2021 campaign is to raise $75,000 in one week. To donate, visit www.thbgc.org or go to one of the follow locations:
- Chick-fil-a for THBG Spirit Day on Wednesday, Dec. 1 (must present flyer)
- Maggie & Moe’s Poplar and Regional Hospital where a portion of proceeds between Nov. 28 and Dec. 4 will be donated to THBGC, along with donation buckets
- Ferm Fresh where a donation bucket will be available during business hours
- Willow Gift & Home where a portion of the proceeds between Nov. 28 and Dec. 4 will be donated to THBGC
- Burlap Penguin where a portion of the proceeds between Nov. 28 and Dec. 4 will be donated to THBGC
For more information, visit THBGC’s website.