VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Indiana Department of Transportation has announced lane restrictions for a portion of Interstate 70 beginning near the end of September.
Work on two bridges is expected to last until October 9 barring any setbacks or bad weather.
Restrictions are scheduled for the following dates;
- Thursday, September 29: I-70 eastbound passing lane restrictions on Clear Creek Bridge starting at 7 p.m.
- Monday, October 3: I-70 eastbound driving lane restrictions on Clear Creek Bridge starting at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 4: I-70 eastbound passing lane restrictions on Southlake Road Bridge starting at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 6: I-70 eastbound driving lane restrictions on Southlake Road starting at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8: Crews are flipping from the I-70 eastbound driving lane to the passing lane on South Lake Road Bridge
The work is being performed by Reith Riley Construction at a cost of more than $12 million. While this segment of the project is expected to be complete by mid-October, other elements of the project will continue in April 2023 with the final completion date expected in June of 2023.