TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — One person was taken to the hospital with burn injuries following a kitchen fire in Terre Haute.

According to Terre Haute Fire Chief Bill Berry, the call came in at 11:58 a.m. of a fire at a residence located in the 2200 block of 4th Avenue.

Berry said arriving crews witnessed smoke coming from the rear of the residence and used an interior attack to knock down the fire within 2 minutes of arrival.

While the official cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, Berry said its location and size lead him to believe it will be ruled accidental.

“There’s nothing suspicious, it’s not ruled yet, but I assume it will be ruled accidental, just contained to the kitchen area,” Barry said.

One occupant of the house reportedly received 1st and 2nd degree burns to his hands and face as he attempted to put the fire out. That person was then taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

In total, Berry said crews were on scene for less than an hour and credited everyone involved for a fast, successful response to the fire.