TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — A kettle of tar on the roof of a building at Otter Creek Middle School in Terre Haute, Ind. caught fire Wednesday morning, causing students and staff to clear the building.

According to a news release from Vigo County School Corporation Director of Communications Bill Riley, the tar kettle caught fire at 10:24 a.m. on Dec. 1. The on-site supervisor for the school’s ongoing construction project saw the fire and called 911 as students and staff evacuated the building.

Otter Creek Fire Department responded and inspected the fire, Riley said, and cleared students and staff to return to the building. According to Riley, school officials are pleased that there is limited damage to the building.

Otter Creek students and staff are safely back in the building and resuming their normal school day, Riley said.