INDIANAPOLIS – Numerous bridge decks projects in Fountain, Vermillion and Vigo counties will soon begin, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
Work begins at the following two bridges on or after Monday, May 17. There will be one 11’ travel lane across the bridge and motorists will be controlled by a temporary traffic signal. Work is scheduled to be completed by late June.
- S.R. 32 at Jordans Branch, one mile west of S.R. 63
- S.R. 32 over Wabash River, 1.19 miles east of S.R. 63
Work on the following three bridges will occur this year and another release will be sent with construction time-frames.
- S.R. 55 over Little Shawnee Creek, 0.65 mile north of S.R.341
- S.R. 32 over Fork of Prairie Creek, 0.25 mile east of U.S. 41
- S.R. 71 over Dry Branch Creek, 0.34 mile south of S.R. 63
The contractor is just wrapping up the work on the U.S. 41 over the CSX Railroad and Tippecanoe St. just over one half of one mile north of U.S. 40 in Vigo County. This should be completed by Wednesday, May 12.
This project was awarded to Milestone Contractors LLP for $1 million. Work is scheduled to last through mid-October of this year.