SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Indiana Governor, Eric Holcomb, added several counties to the state’s disaster declaration.

While Holcomb has initially issued an executive order for assistance for Sullivan and Johnson counties, the additional counties included in the order are Morgan, Monroe, Benton, Owen, and White. 

Holcomb also announced that agencies from the state will provide two locations that will provide one-stop assistance for residents that have been impacted by the tornados. The locations and hours of operation are as follows:

  • The new Sullivan City Hall | 110 N. Main Street, Sullivan, IN
  • Hours:
    • Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
    • Monday (April 10) 9:00 a.m
  • Clark Pleasant School District Administration Building | 50 Center St., Whiteland, IN
  • Hours:
    • Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    • Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
    • Monday: (April 10) 9:00 a.m.

“Hoosiers are known for stepping up for each other in times of disaster,” said Governor Holcomb. “We’ve offered these types of centers before with great success and we’ll continue to be boots on the ground to lend support once again.”

Among the agencies that will be on-site are:

  • Indiana Department of Homeland Security 
    • Recovery resources and information 
  • Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV)
    • Reproduction of identification, permits, title replacement, registrations, and license plates.
  • Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI)
    • Interpretation of insurance policies, information on lost or damaged policies, obtaining copies of insurance policies, and car insurance assistance.
  • Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD)
    • Apply for state unemployment benefits; Information on services available through the WorkOne offices.
  • Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA)
    • Replace Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit cards, Health coverage application assistance.
  • Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA)               
    • Emergency hotel vouchers and short-term rental assistance for persons in need of immediate housing. 
  • Indiana Department of Health (IDOH)
    • Replacement of vital records (birth and death certificates), WIC assistance, and referrals for health services.

For service referrals or to report damage, Hoosiers may also call 211. However, any reports of damage through 211 are not considered official applications for assistance. If the state’s application for federal ass assistance is approved for some or all counties, additional information about the FEMA aid approval and SBA Disaster Loan processes will be released.