TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Fans of live music can get up-close and personal with members of the Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra with a series of intimate recitals planned at Westminster Village.
According to a release from the THSO, the program is a partnership called Symphony Sundays, and while Westminster residents are the primary audience, the public is also invited to attend.
The program consists of eight different ensemble performances taking place on specific Sundays at 2 p.m. in the Westminster Community Center.
Orchestra officials say the performances will last no more than an hour each and that refreshments will be served.
The schedule is as follows;
- Sunday, August 13 | Ivory Winds
- Includes flute, clarinet, horn, bassoon, and piano. Layne Anspach, THSO Fourth Horn, performs in this ensemble.
- Sunday, September 10 | THSO Brass Quintet
- Members include Principal Trumpet Jay Ellsmore, Second Trumpet Eric Rodriguez, Principal Horn Brian Kilp, Principal Trombone Randy Mitchell, and Principal Tuba Glen Dimick
- Sunday, October 15 | TBD
- Sunday, November 12 | Angelus Duo
- Members include Principal Harp Melanie Mashner and her sister and flutist Melissa Mashner
- Sunday, February 18, 2024 | TBD
- Sunday, March 10, 2024 | THSO Brass Quintet
- Sunday, May 19, 2024 | Impressaria Winds
- A woodwind quintet including flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, and horn. Sharon Weyser, THSO Second Horn, performs in this ensemble.
- Sunday, June 23, 2024 | TBD
For more information regarding the Symphony Sunday program visit the THSO website here.