VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Early voting is underway here in Indiana ahead of next week’s primary election.
As of Wednesday afternoon, nearly 2,900 people had voted in Vigo County already.
Deputy Clerk Leanne Moore says voting locations at the mall and the Vigo County Annex have seen the most voters, but those locations have also been open for the longest time. This week 5 other voting centers opened as well.
With the school referendum on the ballot, Moore is encouraging everyone to vote.
“The referendum is on the ballot for the school board. That’s a very important decision that needs to be made by everyone in the county because it affects all of us.”
Here is a look at where and when to vote in Vigo County:
- Vigo County Annex Building, 189 Oak St.
- Haute City Center, 3401 S. US Hwy 41.
- Meadows Shopping Center, 2800 Poplar St.
- Vigo County Solid Waste, 3230 E. Haythorne Ave.
- Vigo County Schools Public Safety and Security, 501 W. Olive St.
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 841, 6801 S. US Hwy 41
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 725, 5675 E. Hulman Dr.
Day of Election Centers
- National Guard Armory, 3614 Maple Ave.
- Pimento Firehouse, 2389 E Cottom Dr.
- Maryland Community Church, 4700 S. Hwy 46
- Vigo County Public Library, 1 Library Square
- Booker T. Washington Chances and Services for Youth, 1101 S. 13th St.
- American Legion Post 104, 2690 Fort Harrison Rd.
- New Goshen Firehouse, 9113 North U.S. Hwy 150, West Terre Haute
- UA Local 157 Plumbers and Steamfitters, 8801 E Milner Ave.
- Sandcut Firehouse, 5970 E Rio Grande Ave.
- Indiana State University
Voters can visit the Board of Elections website for more information regarding the May primary election.