TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — A Brazil woman is facing charges for driving while intoxicated with a child in the car.
Indiana State Police made the arrest in Terre Haute near south 7th and Harrison streets Thursday evening.
Hollie Tingle, 26, was arrested.
Authorities also found marijuana and paraphernalia in the vehicle.
State police report that Tingle was stopped for driving outside of a lane. She agreed to the vehicle search.
Vigo County Department of Child Services was contacted. The 8-year-old inside the vehicle was turned over to family. Tingle is being held at the Vigo County Jail. She faces the following charges:
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age, Class 6 Felony
- Neglect of dependent, Class 6 Felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle with a Schedule I or II substance in the body, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of marijuana, Class B Misdemeanor
- Possession of paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle without ever obtaining a license, Class C Misdemeanor