TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — An autopsy of Quincy Rogers-Porter, the 22-year-old man who was shot and killed in Terre Haute Sunday, showed he had at least 11 holes “consistent with bullet entrances and exits”, according to court documents.

Tuesday, Terre Haute Police announced the arrest of a man accused of murdering Rogers-Porter near Davis Park Elementary School.

The document reveals more about the incidents surrounding the death, as well as what led police to charge 20-year-old Kole M. Hughes of Lafayette with murder.

According to the affidavit, three juvenile witnesses told police they had been playing basketball on the playground of Davis Park Elementary with Rogers-Porter when a man arrived. The witnesses said Rogers-Porter greeted him, asking “Is that you Kole?”, and the two shook hands. They told police that the man then sat down at a picnic table nearby while the game continued. After the game had ended, the witness said he and the other two juveniles had gone to leave but before they reached the gate exiting the playground they heard gunshots.

The witness described looking back and seeing Rogers-Porter fall to the ground after being shot two or three times in the chest. According to the witness, Rogers-Porter got back up and ran toward the school and then toward 19th Street with the man reportedly following him and shooting at him several more times as they crossed 19th Street.

Police say security camera footage from the school backed up the claims, showing the four playing basketball before a white male in a “bucket-style hat” entered the playground. A short time later the same individual is seen chasing Rogers-Porter and firing a handgun.

Another witness who lives nearby told detectives that they had heard gunfire and observed someone in a bucket-style hat run eastbound in the alley next to their house, telling police the person had possibly left something in the trash can there. Officers then located a pink t-shirt and black bucket-style hat in trash cans in that alley. Security camera footage from the alley backed up the witnesses’ claims.

Police spoke with Rogers-Porter’s mother who confirmed he had a friend who he had worked with a year before by the name of Kole M. Hughes.

Two cell phones found on Rogers-Porter were collected as evidence and given to the Vigo County High Tech Crime Unit. Call logs and messages were reportedly found on the phones indicating communication between Rogers-Porter and Hughes.

Two of the juvenile witnesses told police when they initially arrived Rogers-Porter had been pacing as if he was waiting on someone.

Hughes reportedly messaged Rogers-Porter at 8:58 p.m. on Snapchat telling him to meet him at “18 n poppar”. The location of the shooting was between 18th and 19th streets on Poplar Street. There were also three Snapchat phone calls made between 9 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. with the shooting occurring approximately 15 minutes after the last Snapchat phone call between Hughes and Rogers-Porter.