TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — Arts Illiana, in collaboration with White Violet Center for Eco-Justice, is extending an invitation for poetry and/or essay submissions relating to the 25th anniversary celebration of White Violet Center in 2021.
Submissions will be adjudicated by a panel that will select work to be included in a publication that will be presented to the Sisters of Providence during this anniversary year. All submissions will be shared on both White Violet Center and Arts Illiana’s social media pages throughout the summer and fall.
The poems and essays will be an opportunity to thank the Sisters of Providence for their vision and commitment to caring for, serving, and sustaining the earth.
White Violet Center, on the Saint Mary-of-the-Woods campus, features a herd of alpacas and a flock of chickens, a five-acre organic garden, orchards, beehives, a Farm Store, and a nature trail.
● Deadline to submit is July 1, 2021.
● Poetry and Essay submissions only. (Essays should be one page.)
● Individuals may submit up to three poems and/or two essays.
● Include a brief bio with your submission. (Elementary and Middle & High School individuals only need to include their name, grade, and school.)
● If you have a relevant image to accompany your submission, please include in your submission.
● All submissions should be emailed to Sherri Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Please send your submission as a DOC or DOCX file. If formatting is important, please also include a PDF. (Note: If your poem/essay is handwritten and includes drawing, you have the option of mailing hard copy to Arts Illiana, 23 North Sixth Street, Terre Haute, IN 47807 or scanning and emailing as a PDF.)
● When emailing submissions, please include the words “White Violet Submission” in the subject of your email.
● Submissions are open to adults, children and elementary, middle and high school students.
● Questions may be directed to Arts Illiana at email@example.com or calling (812) 235-5007.