TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Wabash River Regional Development Authority announced which projects will be receiving support from the READI Grant program.
The West Central Indiana Region was awarded $20 million for projects in the area, officials announced Thursday.
The Wabash River Regional Development Authority announced that 24 projects will receive funding.
Wabash River RDA Chair Greg Goode said that he’s confident that the 24 selected projects will benefit the quality of life in the area.
“We feel very confident that these projects that we outlined today are going to do really, really great things for the respective communities,” Goode said.
With 24 projects at-large, Goode assured that there will be plenty of oversight from the RDA, state and federal government as the projects move forward.
“There are very high levels of accountability and we welcome that,” Goode said. “We’re going to be very transparent.
READI Grant Recipients and Awards:
- Billie Creek Village – $250,000
- City of Sullivan Central Plaza – $1,500,000
- City of Sullivan City Pool – $1,000,000
- City of Sullivan Housing Project – $800,000
- City of Terre Haute Rea Park – $50,000
- Clinton Water Feature – $250,000
- Courtyard + Residence Inn and Parking Garage – $4,300,000
- Design and Innovation Studio (Vincennes University) – $100,000
- Ivy Tech Diversity and Career Center/School of Health Sciences – $1,000,000
- Early Learning Center (Indiana State University) – $1,000,000
- Homes for the Future Pilot Program – $1,800,000
- READI Grand Administration – $530,000
- Rose-Hulman Ventures Movement – $1,500,000
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College Equine Event Center – $1,500,000
- Sports Complex and East Side Aquatic Center – $50,000
- Sullivan Hotel Project – $1,000,000
- Swope Art Museum – $150,000
- Terre Haute Children’s Museum Outdoor Space – $50,000
- The Mill – $200,000
- The William Henry Harrison Presidential Mansion – $2,000,000
- Turn to the River – $150,000
- Wilma and Liston Buell Community Center – $220,000
- West Central Indiana Business Hub – $500,000
- West Terre Haute Clinic and Pharmacy – $100,000
Goode said that the READI funds must be spent by the end of 2026.