INDIANAPOLIS — The Vigo County School Corporation will receive an estimated $30,479,175.03 in federal stimulus money, according to the Indiana Department of Education.
The IDOE announced Monday the estimated funds that public school districts across the state will receive as part of the American Rescue Plan Act. Together, these school allocations total nearly $1.8 billion.
“Over the past year, this is the third round of federal funding allowing many Indiana schools access to unprecedented resources to sustainably invest in their future,” Dr. Katie Jenner, Indiana Secretary of Education, said. “While the needs may vary from one school to the next, it’s critical that schools are strategically planning to maximize their return on investment, in turn achieving the greatest outcomes for students.”
With this funding, schools can reimburse approved expenses incurred through September 2024 that address some of the greatest challenges schools continue to face as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Per federal requirements, schools must use at least 20 percent of these funds to support accelerated learning opportunities for students, as schools work to make up for lost instructional time due to COVID-19. These evidence-based interventions include summer learning or enrichment, comprehensive afterschool programs and extended school years programs.
Other area schools to receive funding include:
- Clay Community Schools, $7,597,608.97
- Barr-Reeve Community Schools Inc., $1,753,812.61
- North Daviess Community Schools, $2,166,311.91
- Washington Community Schools, $4,744,108.06
- Bloomfield School District, $1,507,278.83
- Eastern Greene Schools, $1,597,014.52
- Linton-Stockton School Corporation, $1,877,450.30
- North Knox School Corp., $2,254,947.39
- South Knox School Corp., $1,082,428.61
- Vincennes Community School Corp., $6,817,076.64
- Shoals Community School Corp., $991,590.31
- Loogootee Community School Corp., $1,030,537.81
- Southwest Parke Community School Corporation, $1,539,641.14
- Southwest School Corporation, $1,923,980.98
- North Vermillion Community School Corp., $1,225,124.00
- South Vermillion Community School Corpl, $2,699,737.08