TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) – Two people were taken into custody Thursday after leading police on a high speed chase.
The chase began around 12:25 pm in the area of 19th and Oak Streets. The driver failed to stop for officers and accelerated as he traveled northbound on 18th St. before crashing into a large planter on Wabash Ave. and 18th St.
After a brief struggle with officers, police identified the driver as Devin Conder, 30,
and he was taken into custody. Conder was wanted on an aggravated battery charge out of Vigo County.
A passenger, Ciara Bland, 30, was also taken into custody.
Conder faces the following charges:
- Resisting Law Enforcement (Level 6 Felony and Misdemeanor)
- Habitual Traffic Violator (Level 6 Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana and Paraphernalia (Misdemeanors)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 4 Felony)
- Dealing Methamphetamine (Level 2 Felony)
Bland is facing preliminary charges including:
- Possession of Methamphetamine and Paraphernalia