Investigators say Center Street house fire accidental

News

Investigators say a house fire that happened Tuesday night was accidental.

The blaze happened at a home on Center Street near Voorhees Street on the south side of Terre Haute.

When firefighters arrived, there were flames and heavy smoke coming from the back side of the home.

Investigator Norm Loudermilk tells WTWO News the fire started due to a cooking accident.

Two people inside the home, a mother and son, escaped the house unharmed.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories