DANVILLE, Ill., (WCIA) — The long-awaited Golden Nugget Casino in Danville opened its doors to customers Saturday afternoon.
The casino made it official on social media, explaining that they would open at 4 p.m. Saturday, May 27.
The Illinois Gaming Board issued a temporary permit late Friday night to give the green light.
The casino’s holiday weekend hours were:
- Saturday, May 27: 4 p.m. – midnight
- Sunday, May 28: 4 p.m. – midnight
- Monday, May 29: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 30: closed
They also remind visitors to be patient and kind as some of their team members may be a little nervous.
While the casino is closed for the entirety of Tuesday, May 30, in a post to Facebook, the company confirmed they would be open for business once again beginning Wednesday, May 31.
Temporary hours are as follows;
- Mondays – 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Tuesdays – Closed
- Wednesdays – 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Thursdays – 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Fridays – 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Saturdays – 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sundays – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.