CHICAGO, Ill. (WTWO/WAWV) — The Illinois Department of Transportation announced Wednesday that three Amtrak trains will resume full service on July 19.
Service levels on these trains has been reduced by half for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With the resumption of this full capacity schedule, there will now be five daily roundtrips between Chicago and St. Louis as well as two between Chicago and Quincy and three between Chicago and Carbondale.
Below is a list of services scheduled to be fully restored:
- Lincoln Service, between Chicago and St. Louis, with intermediate stops such as Normal and Springfield
- Trains 301 and 305 departing from Chicago
- Trains 302 and 304 departing from St. Louis
- Carl Sandburg/Illinois Zephyr, between Chicago and Quincy, with intermediate stops such as Macomb
- Trains 381 departing from Chicago and 382 departing from Quincy
- Illini/Saluki Line, between Chicago and Carbondale, with intermediate stops such as Champaign]
- Trains 391 departing from Chicago and 392 departing from Carbondale