The 2019 Illinois State Fair Illinois Lottery Grandstand’s box office opening weekend saw a record-breaking $1.1 million in ticket sales.
The 28,000-plus tickets sold over Easter weekend surpassed the previous high mark of 17,390 sold in 2017.
“Our state fair brings people together from across the state and country to celebrate all that Illinois has to offer. I’m thrilled that this year’s fair looks to be one of our best yet, with exciting entertainment, delicious food and fun for all of our families,” said Governor JB Pritzker. “I’m grateful to our staff for all of their hard work and looking forward to joining Illinoisans for the festivities in August.”
Tickets may be purchased through ticketmaster.com, where customers are able to pick their seats through an interactive map. Best available tickets may be purchased in person at the Illinois State Fair box office, currently located in the Emmerson Building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds or by phone at (217) 782-1979.
The Illinois State Fair box office is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Illinois State Fair box office and ticketmaster.com are the only authorized vendors for Illinois Lottery grandstand tickets.
For additional information please visit the Illinois State Fair website at www.illinoisstatefair.info.
This year’s lineup includes:
- Friday, Aug. 9: Megadeth
- Saturday, Aug. 10: Bad Company with Foghat
- Sunday, Aug. 11: Dan + Shay
- Monday, Aug. 12: The Traveling Salvation Show – A Tribute to Neil Diamond (FREE)
- Tuesday, Aug. 13: Why Don’t We
- Wednesday, Aug. 14: Pentatonix with Special Guest Rachel Platten
- Thursday, Aug. 15: Old Dominion
- Friday, Aug. 16: Snoop Dogg w/ Dogg Pound, Warren G, DJ Quik, Twista, and Do or Die
- Saturday, Aug. 17: Shinedown
- Sunday, Aug. 18: Reba McEntire with Rachel Wammack