Garage Up in Flames

News

A massive structure fire in Clay County completely destroyed one family’s garage.

Homeowners tell WTWO News they were inside their home when they heard an explosion. They found their garage entirely up in flames.

They believe their RV motor home exploded because it was plugged in charging.

The family was able to get out of the home safely along with their dogs. They say their cats ran upstairs, but there is only damage to the outside of the home.

“We got here, our objective was to save the house which was melting and burning on one end, we was able to stop the fire from entering the house, saved the neighbors house also from totally burning,” incident commander Earl Hutcheson said.

The garage is a total loss. Inside the family had a motorhome, motorcycle and car under restoration.

The fire marshal will evaluate the scene tomorrow.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.