TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Emergency personnel are searching for the body of a woman reported to be in the Wabash River at Fairbanks Park, according to a Vigo County 911 dispatcher.
Terre Haute Police, Honey Creek and Sugar Creek volunteer fire departments, Vigo County Sheriff's Department and other emergency personnel are working the scene.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources is also on scene.
Indiana Conservation Officer Nathan Lutz confirmed the information as he headed out in a boat to assist with the rescue.
A reporter on scene talked to witnesses who saw a woman jump in the water.
As of 8:30 pm on Wednesday, Indiana Conservation Officers are continuning their search and will halt the search later in the night.
WTWO has a reporter on scene. Keep checking our website for updates on this developing story.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Raising wages raises concerns
- Dugger officials work to fix cracks in waters line
- Indiana Dunes becomes Indiana's first National Park
- Center welcomes three new tigers
Dugger officials look to stop water leaks which may have caused higher water bills for several residents.Read More »