The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the new Board of Directors positions and volunteer leadership for the 2019 calendar year.
As stated in the Chamber’s bylaws, the Board of Directors assume a new Chair of the Board each year. Those positions, along with new committee and task force members are also added as the Chamber’s community and business initiatives grow.
Brian Kooistra, Chief Operations Officers for Garmong Construction Services, will serve as the 2019 Chair of the Board. Kooistra has served in numerous capacities since joining the Chamber board, including Nominating Committee Chair.
“I’m honored to have the opportunity to work with the Chamber, especially during an exciting time in Terre Haute, with a lot of possibility for growth,” Kooistra said. “Internally the Chamber board is working hard to move Terre Haute and West Central Indiana into a place where we can realize our fullest potential.”
With legislation around SB552 and the proposed casino in Terre Haute, along with the newly released “Terre Haute Is All In” initiative, the Chamber’s Advocacy Committee is headed by John Collett, President of Wabash Valley Asphalt. The responsibilities of the Casino Task Force are shared by Collett and First Vice Chair Sara Smith of Sycamore Engineering.
“Each year we see the Board changes as a way to reignite excitement; within the board, our staff and the entire membership,” Chamber President David Haynes said. “These role changes bring in new ideas, new momentum and a different perspective from diverse businesses and backgrounds. I encourage other members to get involved as well. It doesn’t have to be a full board position, but maybe a committee, a volunteer shift or come to a networking event. Any involvement, big or small, will make a positive difference.”
Additional leadership positions for 2019 include:
- Keith Carter, Kemper CPA Group LLP – Immediate Past Chair
- Sara Smith, Sycamore Engineering – First Vice Chair
- Ellie Caldwell, Sackrider & Company – Vice Chair/Treasure
- John Collett, Wabash Valley Asphalt – Vice Chair of Advocacy
- Bernice Helman, Coldwell Banker, Troy Helman Realtors – Vice Chair of Nominating
- Marla Flowers, Hulman & Co. – Vice Chair of Annual Meeting
- Nathan Vooys, Regional Hospital – Vice Chair of Community Programs
- Curt Wilkinson, Wilkinson, Goeller, Modesitt, Wilkinson & Drummy – Vice Chair of Governance