- TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) — A lot of memories occur in 100 years. And that’s so true for Bob Pabst of Terre Haute. The 97-year-old World War II veteran has done so much and influenced so many. He’s a husband, a father, a teacher. Now, in Part II of his story, see how all of […]
- TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO/WAWV) He is well known from his many years of teaching at Indiana State University. But during World War II, Bob Pabst led a machine gun unit in a division called Hell on Wheels. It was a dangerous time that he remembers all too well.
- In Part One, we told you how Sergeant Bill Welch of Terre Haute fought under the command of General George Patton during World War II. Now, in Part Two, you’ll see how he used his military experience to influence the lives of so many people in his hometown and beyond. He enjoys meeting and talking […]
- Bill Welch spent hundreds of days in combat during World War II
- 99 year old Walter Monk was flight engineer during World War II and visited many countries
Nominate a hometown hero and have them recognized for their hard work and dedication. Whether they are active, or inactive military, nominate them below.