CEREAL BOWL EGG & CHEESE BREAKFAST BURRITO
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 60 seconds
Makes: 1 serving
WHAT YOU NEED 1 flour tortilla (6-inch) 1 EGG 1 Tbsp. shredded Mexican cheese blend 1 Tbsp. salsa
1. LINE 2-cup microwave-safe cereal bowl with microwave-safe paper towel. PRESS tortilla into bowl. BREAK egg into center of tortilla. BEAT egg gently with a fork until blended, being careful not to tear tortilla.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. MICROWAVE until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
3. REMOVE tortilla with paper towel liner from bowl to flat surface. TOP egg with cheese and salsa. FOLD bottom of tortilla over egg, then fold in sides.
INSIDER INFORMATION • Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Nutrition information per serving: 197 calories; 9 g total fat; 4` g saturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat; 192 mg cholesterol; 408 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 11 g protein; 391.7 IU Vitamin A; 41.0 IU Vitamin D; 55.3 mcg folate; 121.0 mg calcium; 2.0 mg iron; 129.8 mg choline.
Tex-Mex Egg and Hash Brown Cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED 2 cups shredded potatoes 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided 12 eggs 1 1/2 cups shredded Tex-Mex cheese, divided 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tbsp hot sauce 1 cup chopped tomatoes 1 cup corn kernels 1/4 cup fresh cilantro 1 cup salsa 1/4 cup chopped green onion
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
2. COMBINE potatoes, flour, olive oil and half of the salt and pepper; press evenly into bottoms and up sides of greased 6-cup jumbo muffin pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set and light golden.
3. WHISK together eggs, 1 cup cheese, chili powder, hot sauce, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes, corn and cilantro. Divide mixture among hash brown cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. BAKE for about 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool for 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of muffin cups; carefully remove cups. Top with salsa and sprinkle with green onion.
INSIDER INFORMATION: Mix-in variations: Spicy Bacon (crumbled cooked bacon and chipotle pepper); Veggie (cooked black beans, chopped broccoli florets, finely Tex-Mex Egg and Hash Brown Cups chopped zucchini and red pepper); or Breakfast Taco (crumbled cooked breakfast sausage, taco seasoning, and topped with guacamole). To save time, use refrigerated or frozen shredded potatoes.
Nutrition Facts: Per 1/6 recipe Calories 340 Fat 19g Saturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 395mg Sodium 730mg Carbohydrate 23g Fiber 2g Sugars 4g Protein 20g
For more recipes, click here.