Tonight on a new two-hour “Dateline” — Dennis Murphy reports on Brittany Stork’s decades-long search for answers about her mother’s mysterious death.
Here is a preview from tonight’s episode, “Return to the Lonely Road.”
Dana and Deb had grown up the Rosendale sisters in 1970s Toledo. On summer evenings you could find them twirling batons in their backyard, tossing them high above their heads.
“We twirled in parades and marched in a marching band called ‘The Ambassadors,’” remembers Deborah.
Deb, the older sister, was more serious. More competitive. Dana, the baby, was outgoing, more interested in barbies and makeup, and her friends.
Deborah recalls, “She had a lot of goals. She wanted to own a boutique, get a job, be successful, have a good life.”
“But she never got there,” “Dateline” reporter Kevin Murphy asks rhetorically.
“Never got there,” states Deborah.
The case leads to a dramatic courtroom decision. And the man at the center of the case tells his story on network television for the first time — only on “Dateline.”
Watch “Dateline” tonight on NBC4 at 9 p.m., right after “The Blacklist” for another “Crimetime Friday” you won’t want to miss.
- ‘Dateline: The Ranch’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The Perfect Guy’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The House on the Hill’
- Tonight on NBC4 ‘Dateline: The woman who couldn’t scream’
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— ‘Where are the Children?’ the story you haven’t seen yet
- ‘Dateline: Devil’s Bargain’ tonight on NBC4
- Tonight on ‘Dateline’— a childhood memory reignites a murder investigation
- Monday night on NBC4 Dateline NBC presents: ‘Unchecked Evil’ about the kidnapping and murder of Reagan Tokes
“Dateline” is the longest-running series in NBC primetime history and is in its 28th season. “Dateline” is anchored by Lester Holt and features correspondents Andrea Canning, Josh Mankiewicz, Keith Morrison, and Dennis Murphy. Airing Fridays at 9 p.m. ET, “Dateline” is the #1 Friday newsmagazine and reaches more than 16 million people every week through its broadcast, and millions more through its social media platforms and podcasts. Additionally, “Dateline” closed out 2019 as the #1 Friday newsmagazine across the board.