UPDATE: Farmersburg House Fire Investigation Complete

By Kyle Inskeep

Published 07/14 2014 12:04AM

Updated 07/14 2014 12:07AM

Officials now know the cause of a Farmersburg house fire.

It happened just before 6:00 p.m. Saturday in the 1800 block of Colglazier Drive.

Officials tell NBC 2 it started after a pan of hot grease was left unattended in the kitchen.

Crews were able to control the fire quickly. 

The resident of the home was at home when the fire broke out.

No one was injured.

The flames were contained to the kitchen and the attic.

Multiple departments helped put out fire.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon